All of the tools at Leximation are available to try before you buy. This allows
you to make sure the tool does what you want before making a purchase. Most tools
have a 30 day trial period. Unless the tool is free, it will require that you enter
an authorization code to enable it for a trial or full license. For additional
information, see Licensing Information.
Try a Tool:
- Download the tool from the "Tools" page or the specific tool's info page.
- After downloading, unzip the file and run the installer. If the tool doesn't have an
installer, there will be a TXT file that includes installation instructions.
- After installing, run FrameMaker.
- In FrameMaker select the "Try Now" option from the tool's menu to request
a Trial auth-code
(click for screen shot of typical menu).
This will take you to the Leximation website where you enter
your email address or username, then click the Try Toolname button. The
Trial auth-code will be sent to you via email.
Buy a Tool (individual license):
- From the "Buy" area of the tool's info page, click the "Individual License" link to
add that item to your cart. (Note that you must be registered with Leximation and logged
in to add items to your cart.)
- In the cart, choose a payment method (Check or Electronic) and click
"Proceed to Checkout." If you're paying by check, you'll go to a page that provides
a printable invoice, and your items are placed in a "pending" state until we receive
payment. If you're making an electronic payment (via PayPal), your items are also
placed in a "pending" state until PayPal notifies our website about your completed
purchase (usually a few minutes, buy may take up to a half hour).
- After payment is received (via check or PayPal), your items will be in your
"Tool Administration" area (a link to this will appear in the lower left "User links"
area of each page on the site). In the Tool Admin area you can download the tool
and request your auth-code. If you've purchased more than one of the same item (for colleagues),
the Tool Admin area lets you transfer these items to other registered users.
Note: If you've already downloaded the tool and have been using a trial
auth-code, you don't need to re-install. Just buy the tool and request the new auth-code!
Buy a Tool (site license):
- Proceed with steps 1 and 2 above (other than choosing the "Site License" link in step 1).
After purchasing a site license,
it will show up in your Tool Admin area where you need to specify the "domain" for the
site license (the domain is everything after the "@" sign in your email address). Choose
the Set Domain link and enter the domain for this tool. After entering the domain, all
registered users of Leximation whose email address matches the domain will be able to
request an auth-code for that tool.
Purchase Tools for Multiple Users:
If you're not using a site license but need to buy multiple tools for yourself and/or
colleagues, follow the procedure below:
- Select the tools, add them to your cart, and make the purchase.
- After payment has been received, the tools will be listed in your "Tool Administration" area.
Before requesting an auth code, you have the option to transfer a tool to another user.
Notify your colleagues who are to use the tools that they need to register a username with
- In the Tool Administration area, enter the username of the person to whom you are
transferring the tool.
- When your colleague logs in and accesses their Tool Administration area, the tool will be
listed, and they can request the auth code.
» If you have any questions .. contact Leximation!