BookVars - FrameMaker Plugin
BookVars is a FrameMaker plugin developed for FrameMaker 5.5 and above. It can be
used with both structured and unstructured files. The BookVars commands let you define
a set of variables that are associated with a book file, then update all files in the
book with those definitions. You can also define multiple variable groups and easily
switch between those groups (handy for creating different versions of the same documents).
With BookVars, all of the variable definitions are stored in an external text file.
This allows you to edit and maintain large numbers of variables very easily. If the
variables in your files are out of control, BookVars will help you to bring them all
back in line!
The 2.0 release allows you to drive the variable definition import process from
ExtendScript, FrameScript, or an FDK client.
The BookVars plugin defines the following "book" commands ..
- Generate BookVars File
- Creates a new BookVars file based on the variables defined in the selected file(s).
- Update BookVars File
- Updates an existing BookVars file based on the variables defined in the selected file(s).
Lets you update an existing variable group or add a new group.
- Edit BookVars File
- Allows you to edit the BookVars file to manually modify the variable definitions.
- Import Variable Definitions
- Opens each file in the book and imports the selected variable definition group
(or all groups) in the BookVars file.
This can be used to update existing variable definitions, add new variables, or delete
- Delete All Variable Definitions
- Deletes all of the User Variables in all of the files in the book.
- Delete Unused Variable Definitions
- Deletes the unreferenced User Variables in all of the files in the book.
UPGRADE INFORMATION: The 2.x release is not a free upgrade from a 1.x version of BookVars
unless you purchased the 1.x version in the past year (after April 1 2014). If this applies
to you, please contact us for a new auth code.
Buy BookVars v.2.03 (Windows; FrameMaker v.5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16)
» BookVars Revision History