DITA 1.3 Support in DITA-FMx
DITA 1.3 support in DITA-FMx may be available in a future release, but is
dependent on customer feedback and input. Tell me which features you're most
interested in, and I'll see about making those available.
That future release will likely include a set of Topic, Map, and Book
structure applications providing support for the DITA 1.3 model and attributes
for both authoring and publishing. This should include support for the new
troubleshooting topic type, troubleshooting task elements and new note type.
Once that's available, we will implement support for the following features
(as prioritized/requested by users) in later releases:
- Rotated tables and cells (FMx already supports these)
- Scoped keys
- Cross-deliverable links
- Branch (ditaval) filtering
- Filtering support for @deliveryTarget
The following limitations may apply:
- MathML support will be limited to that supported by your FrameMaker version, and
requires additional tools.
- Inline SVG support (via <svg-container>) will likely not be supported, but
<svgref> should work fine.
- Because DITA-FMx does't currently provide a learning structure application, the
updates to that model will be left to the end user to develop and implement.
In addition to adding support for DITA 1.3, we will continue to implement new features
as needed/requested and fix bugs.
If you have specific needs regarding DITA 1.3 support (or anything else), please
DITA 1.3 Information: