BookVars - Revision History
- 2.01 - 05mar17
- Updated for FM 2017.
- 2.00 - 18apr16
- Updated for FM 2015.
- Import one or all variable definition groups.
- Allow variable definitions to reference other variables.
- Added CallClient API for Import Variable Definitions command.
- 1.10 - 25may14
- Updated for FM12.
- 1.09 - 06aug12
- Updated for FM11.
- Fixed location of log file on Vista and Win7.
- Minor documentation updates.
- 1.08 - 29may11
- Updated for FM10.
- Allow for proper operation on Windows Vista and 7.
- 1.07 - 05dec09
- Updated installer for FM9.
- 1.07 - 30nov08
- Updated for FM8/FM9.
- The "Generate BookVars" dialog Internal/External option is now sticky.
- Now updates variables within text insets.
- 1.06 - 19apr07
- Variable values can now contain an equal sign.
- Minimized documents remain minimized when the Import, Delete, and Generate commands are used.
- Using an external editor no longer corrupts high-ascii characters.
- 1.05 - 05may06
- Added RenameVarChar parameter (allows renaming of variables to a name that already exists)
- Updated to use internal (FM file) log reporting mechanism
- Added NoLog parameter .. if set to 1, you only get a log file if there is an error (only for Import command .. Delete always displays log file). In any case, I've fixed the log file so it is saved meaning you don't get the Save dialog when closing the log (one fewer click).
- Added note to log file about marker variables not being deleted or renamed
- Added "Open Last Log File" command.
- Removed LogType, LogFile, and LogEditor INI parameters
- The generated variable lists are now sorted alphabetically
- Fixed inconsistent warning about variable list being out of sync
- Added warning if a group name is "General" or "Groups"
- Fixed bug where variable values beginning with "0" caused a rename rather than an update
- Added marker variable update function to Import command
- Added shortcut keys for Import Variables command
- Fixed crash bug when running Import Variables on an unsaved book
- 1.04 - 24sep05
- Fix bug .. Attempting to use the "DelVarCode" parameter to delete variables through the "Import Variables" command will cause FrameMaker to crash.
- 1.03 - 08sep05
- Added the ability to rename variables.
- 1.02 - 22feb05
- Revised to allow updating of the BookVars INI file when it is in a file path with high-ascii characters.
- 1.01 - 10dec04
- Updated to allow proper handling of user's name that includes high-ascii characters.
- 1.00 - 07dec04
- Available for download.